Tuesday, January 19, 2016

With Sympathy...




Needed a sympathy card for a good friend and used Create with Connie and Mary's sketch challenge to get me started. I rotated the sketch for a vertical setting versus the horizontal..am patiently waiting for the new Birthday Blooms set so I had to settle for the retired Blooming with Kindness set. Colours used: So Saffron, Perfect Plum & Pool Party.

Deets: All Stampin Up




Thanks for dropping by.
Smiles. :)

18 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Your subtle flower is perfect for a sympathy card and I love the detail in your vertical stripes in shape and texture. Thanks for joining us over at Create With Connie and Mary this week!

paper bag create said...

Thank you Joanne! Really enjoy playing with the Create with Connie and Mary's weekly challenges! :)

AB. said...

I like how you flipped the card and your choice of soft muted colours is perfect for a sympathy card. Thanks for joining us at Create with Connie and Mary. x

Chris Slogar said...

This is so soft and lovely! Love the pretty treatment on the vertical elements, the embossing and special edge. Thank you for joining us at Create with Connie and Mary!

paper bag create said...

Thanks Alison for your blog love. I'm bad..I always have to do something with the challenge. ;)

paper bag create said...

Thank you Chris. I wanted to use ribbon originally for the vertical elements; however I found the ribbon was too heavy so I had to go with plan B. :) Love the Create with Connie and Mary challenges. :)

Anonymous said...

I just love this stamp set and you used it so wonderfully here. It is soft and your embossed panel and border are the perfect touch for a sympathy card. Thanks for playing along this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

Add Ink and Stamp said...

That flower is classic and one of my favorites. I also like how you flipped the sketched. It makes more sense with the beautiful die cut focal point. Thanks for joining us this week at Create with Connie and Mary.

paper bag create said...

Thank you Bridgette. I wasn't sure about the soft colours at first; however, I am thinking alittle bit of sunshine doesn't hurt anyone. :)

paper bag create said...

Thank you Lisa. I am so glad that I saved my set instead of destashing. Love the Create with Connie and Mary's challenges! ;)

Mary Brown said...

What a great 'flip' to the sketch. That was always one of my favorite stamps. Thanks for joining us this week for the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Jenny Engelke said...

Your lovely, soft color palette compliments the flower choice and sketch nicely! They are the perfect combination for a sympathy card. Thanks for joining us this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

paper bag create said...

Thanks so much Mary for dropping by and taking the time to leave some blog love. Looking forward to the next challenge. :)

paper bag create said...

Thank you Jenny for your blog love. It's been awhile since I've had to make a sympathy card; and I'm glad that I had the sketch to start with. :)

Connie Babbert said...

Very pretty floral card for sympathy, love the details of the trim down the side! Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

paper bag create said...

Thank you Connie for dropping by and taking a few minutes to leave some blog love. Really appreciated!!! :)

Penny Hanuszak said...

Sorry for your loss Sheri. I'm sure your beautiful card will bring great comfort. This was a great sketch and colour combo, resulting in such a beautiful card.

paper bag create said...

Thank you Penny for dropping by and leaving some blog love. The recipient appreciated the card. :)