Monday, January 18, 2016

Happy Valentine's...





Watercooler Wednesday's technique challenge from Jean~ paper piecing... Jean's card inspired me to give this challenge a try. I pulled out the hexagon punch ~ that has been collecting dust for for ages until recently. Loved piecing the hexis on the front with different pattern papers for a background. Coloured and layered the snowman image...added a smidge of red glimmer paper for a little sparkle..Voila! Thank you for an awesome challenge! :) And nothing like leaving it to the ninth hour... ;)

 Deets: all Stampin Up except for the pattern papers and the snowman image.





Thanks for dropping by.
Smiles. :)

8 comments:

Heidi Weaver said...

What a great card, Sheri! That snowman cracks me up and is perfect with the quilting effect on the left side of your card. The way you've used the Elegant Dots embossing folder as your background really adds to the stitching effect. Love the colours! Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

paper bag create said...

Thanks so much Heidi! Loved the challenge this week and definitely got me out of my comfort zone...a good thing. I'm trying to use some of my Snowman stamps that are great dust collectors...and at least use them once! ;)

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

Wonderful interpretation of the challenge Sheri. Heidi's right...that snowman is a crack up for sure. Nice that you were able to dust off a few of the tools and images in your stash. I have to admit...my hexagon punch was feeling a little lonely as well. lol Love that the Elegant Dots folder adds such a nice vintage feel along with your paper choice. Then again...quilts so often have a vintage feel to them don't they?
Thanks for joining us on the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge. No worries on the ninth hour...I practically live there...well there...or the eleventh.

Marsha Reed said...

Wonderful card, Sheri! I never would have thought of a snowman for Valentine's Day. I really like that. Thanks for joining us this week at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges. Marsha

paper bag create said...

Thank you Jean! I loved working with the paper piecing challenge and making my quilt background. Plus it is a great way to use up those fave designer paper scraps. Looking forward to the next Watercooler Wednesday challenge. :)

paper bag create said...

Thank you Marsha for your blog love. I wanted a non traditional Valentine card and thought why not a snowman..as it is certainly cold enough in some parts of the country at the moment and in February. ;)

Penny Hanuszak said...

You really nailed this paper piecing challenge Sheri. Love it. That little snowman is so cute, the colors are perfect and I love the layout. Great job!

paper bag create said...

Why thank you Penny! Loved the paper piecing technique...another card making skill to add to the repertoire! ;)