Monday, February 13, 2017

happy birthday....it's a Winner!!





Another hat trick challenge to spice things up: Watercooler Wednesday's Marsha's colour challenge ~ Very Vanilla, Blushing Bride, Emerald Envy, Mint Macaron, , Rich Razzleberry & Peekaboo Peach,  Fab Friday's sketch challenge and Just Add Ink's  Choose Two challenge: Flowers & Butterflies....
Stamped and masked the flowers with the Blushing Bride and Rich Razzleberry inks, and the leaves with Mint Macaron and Emerald Envy inks...added the blinged Butterfly instead of the bow on the sketch.... Voila a Birthday card off my to make list.

Deets: All Stampin Up



EDIT: I won..woot woot...my card won the Watercooler Wednesday's weekly challenge. Marsha chose my card..totally makes for a great evening. Thank you. :)



Thanks for dropping by and having a peek.
Happy February. :)

30 comments:

Heidi Weaver said...

Such a beautiful card, Sheri. I really love the way you've used the classic Stippled Blossoms set. Cutting out several stamped leaves and adding the butterflies was a great idea, especially with that lovely background of embossed Elegant Dots. You've used Marsha's colours beautifully. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

Penny Hanuszak said...

Beautiful card Miss Sheri! It's so wonderfully feminine. You simply nailed all three challenges. Good on you! Love the Rose and your gorgeous little butterfly. Thanks so much for entering this weeks Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.

Gail said...

I love those stippled flowers! Now I have to dig mine out and ink them up again. The 2-step stamp set is a great way to use challenge colours. Thanks for joining the Watercooler Wednesday challenge.

Marsha Reed said...

Beautiful card, Sheri! You used the colors very effectively. Thanks for joining us this week at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges.

Cindy Beach said...

Oh, this is gorgeous!
I love the sweet colors and the bling of the butterfly. Great take on the sketch, thanks for playing at Fab Friday!

libbystamps said...

Very pretty card! Nice job with our colors! Thanks for joining us this week at Watercooler Wednesday! Please join us again soon!

Heather Hopson said...

What a beautiful card. You have done an excellent job of the color challenge and creating a lovely card! Thank you for joining us on Watercooler Wednesday.

paper bag create said...

Thank you Heidi! Enjoyed working with Marsha's colour combo and love the Stippled Blossoms set..even if it's retired! ;)

paper bag create said...

Thank you Penny!! Had to dust of those two sets to ink them up but am so glad that I did..my fave floral set!! :)

paper bag create said...

Thank you Gail! Yes, totally agree the two step stamp sets really helped me with the colour challenge..especially since I didn't have any dsp that I wanted to use.

paper bag create said...

Thank you Marsha for a great colour challenge. Finally used the brand new inks: Emerald Envy and Mint Macaron with this challenge. Looking forward to the next Watercooler Wednesday Challenge. :)

paper bag create said...

Thank you Cindy. Loved working with the sketch challenge and looking forward to the next Fab Friday challenge. :)

paper bag create said...

Thank you Libby, A nice break from all the Christmas and Valentine cards that I have been creating lately! See you at the next Watercooler Wednesday challenge. :)

paper bag create said...

Thank you Heather. It was alot of fun working with the colours when I finally figured it out with the two step stamping. Looking forward to the next Watercooler Wednesday challenge. :)

Christine Blain said...

This is so pretty, Sheri. I never would've thought of pairing those two greens, but the leaves look fabulous! Thanks for sharing your lovely card with us at Just Add Ink this week.

Nikki Spencer said...

So pretty Sheri! Lovely choice of colours and your roses are beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink.

paper bag create said...

Thank you Christine for dropping by and leaving some blog love. I know I wouldn't have thought myself to pair the greens but they totally work on the vanilla cardstock. Enjoyed participating in the Just Add Ink challenge. :)

paper bag create said...

Thank you Nikki! Enjoyed working with the Choose Two challenge and looking forward to the next Just Add Ink challenge :)

Anonymous said...

Sweet card - I love that flower within the circle - looks like it's in a round window. Chantell JAI

Heather said...

Oh - so elegant! Great job with the blossoms, your combo of all the challenges came our perfectly! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

stampwithamyk said...

I love it! Those flowers are so pretty and your colors are fantastic. Great design! Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday, hope to see you again soon!

paper bag create said...

Thank you Chantell for popping by and leaving some blog love. I love the new stitched framelits. :)

paper bag create said...

Thank you Heather. Enjoyed working with all the challenges and loved the Fab Friday sketch challenge. :)

paper bag create said...

Thanks so much Amy. Enjoyed the two step stamping with the Stippled Blossoms...always makes me smile when I can line the stamped images up. :)

Amanda Mertz said...

So pretty! The flowers and butterflies are always so elegant and classic and you showed them off wonderfully with these colors! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

Heather Hopson said...

Hey Sherri............congratulations! So nice to see you participating again.

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh so pretty! This is my favourite flower stamp of all time! I love how you've used it here. Thanks for joining us at JAI this week!

paper bag create said...

Thanks so much Amanda. Really enjoyed working with the Fab Friday sketch. Looking forward to the next Fab Friday challenge. :)

paper bag create said...

Hello there Heather! Thanks so much for the congrats. I'm trying to get back into the swing of things! ;)

paper bag create said...

Thank you Narelle for dropping by and leaving some blog love. I know..the Stippled Blossoms turned into one of my favorites after the set had retired...go figure..LOL
Looking forward to the next JAI challenge. :)