Welcome back peeps...hope you're managing to stay warm and dry with the not so wonderful weather gracing us with its' presence. I am fortunate enough to be able to participate in another of the Wacky Watercooler's blog hops. Grab your favourite latte, coffee, or tea and check out the inspiration from all the papercraft artists on this Spring Fever hop. You might just want to have paper and pen handy to write up the wish list. 😊
This hop is circular...so no matter where you started....you'll be able to check out everyone's inspiration by either going forward onto the next artist or backward to the previous artist...and you'll eventually end up from where you started. If you are hopping with us today, than you may have arrived from Gail Allen's wonderful inspirations...have a peek at mine and than head over to Marie Green's for more inspiration.
My first project is a simple clear acetate window box to hold some Lindt chocolates for a Spring tea event. Loving the Moroccan designer series papers.... I added a few vellum winged bumble bees from the Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits Dies ..easy and quick to make treat holder..think it would be really cute with some baby chicks or Easter bunnies from the Basket Brunch set.
The next project is a spinner card where I finally inked up and stamped my new Definitely Dahlia stamp....than I used the circle spinner die from the Sliding Star Framelits to prepare for the spinner mechanism. Embossed with the large decorative dots embossing folder and stamped with crumb cake ink, the retired Dictionary stamp over the embossed Definitely Dahlia. Stamped and embossed with silver embossing powder the It's Your Birthday sentiment and die cut with the Stitched Frame Thinlits. Finished the card with a vellum winged bumble bee. Not sure which I prefer, the Elegant Eggplant or the Sweet Sugarplum version. Tip: Stampin Up's 1/8" foam adhesive strips are the perfect for the spinner cards as you need the height in the layers so that the bee can buzz around easily.
My last project showcases my slight addiction to shaker cards and than I tried a *new to me* inside spinner surprise. Colour combination is Tip Top Taupe, Sweet Sugarplum, Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White and Gold for a touch of bling. Inked up the Avant Garden single floral image with Sweet Sugarplum and Rich Razzleberry centres. Stamped and embossed with gold embossing powder, 3 of the lace ribbon images from the Delicate Details set onto the bottom of the Tip Top Taupe layer. Dry embossed with the large decorative dots and the elegant circles embossing folders..Stamped with Tip Top Taupe, leaves from the Kinda Eclectic stamp set. Added some sequins and beads to make the shaker..Used a smidgeon of the blushing bride glimmer paper for the bumblebee's body and vellum for its' wings... and Voila!!
Than when you open the inside of the card...the bumblebee element spins on the baker's twine when opened. While I wasn't really interested in the Avant Garden set... I am totally sold on the single flowers. Will have to challenge myself to try the other images in the set.
Well that's all for my projects..hope you managed to find a bit of inspiration or that the cards bought a bit of Spring into your day.
Now, head on over to Marie Green's for more great projects to feast your eyes upon.
Thanks for dropping by and let me know which was your favourite project of the three!
Enjoy the blog hop and have a FABULOUS day.
Smiles,
Sheri 😊





14 comments:
Wow Sheri such great projects. I'm in love with all of them. Your clear acetate box looks simply scrumptious. The little bee is so sweet in the vellum. It really looks cute on there.
Both the shaker and the spinner cards are over the top beautiful. Love the colours and backgrounds you chose and that spinner card looks so cool over the Dahlia. Awesome! Thanks for sharing.
PS hang on to those cards I want to see them in real life when I get there.
Such amazing projects, Sherri! I just love the surprise spinner card - that one takes the prize for sure :)
Why thank you Penny!! I wanted to redo the acetate box; however I ran out of time. Fell in love with the Sweet Sugarplum after using it in the Dahlia spinner card...and than had to come up with another colour combo to work with and decided to pair the Sweet Sugarplum with Rich Razzleberry...and finally used the Tip Top Taupe ink pad...which is set to retire at the end of May..LOL...seems to be the way for me..by the time I have warm up to the new product..it's vintage. Definitely will hang onto the cards for show n'tell! ;)
Thanks so much Deborah..it took me long enough to figure out the inside of that card...I was going to do a pop up and that didn't work out and I was running out of time..so I thought I would try the surprise spinner..another card technique off the to try list! ;)
Wonderful projects, I'm going to have to look for instructions for the inside spinner.
Thanks so much Kath! I didn't have any instructions to make the inside spinner...which I'm sure would have told me to attach the string and the spinner element to the layer before adhering to the card...as I had a bit of a challenge attaching the string and the spinner afterwards..not recommended..lesson learned on my part! It's all good though as it ended up working out. ;)
Sherri, you out did yourself! Such wonderful creations. The little box is just sweet and is sure to be a hit at your spring event. I love everything about your spinner card. I'm partial to your last card, because I love shaker cards too, and it is simply beautiful.
What a cute acetate window box you've created, Sheri. The bee is perfect, even without any chicks or bunnies added. I think it's very elegant just the way it is. Love your idea of having a bee circling that wonderful Dahlia image in your second card. But the combination shaker-spinner card---incredible! I'm sure a lot of people will be asking if you have a tutorial for that one. This is one of those cards where the outside is stunning but the inside is pure "wow".
Thank you Marie for dropping by and glad to know that someone else shares my obsession with shaker cards! ;) Must admit it's been great repurposing those seed beads in my stash! :)
Aww thanks so much Heidi! I was so excited to have finally inked up the Dahlia stamp when I was thinking how would I incorporate the bee onto the card and the light bulb when off...a spinner card. The shaker spinner card was my late bloomer project...the front of the card was designed and the shaker crafted; however, the inside design took a bit longer as I hummed and hahhhed over different ideas... decided to new to me technique and went with the inside spinner. I was so excited to have actually inked up and used two of the Saleabration sets to boot!
Sherri, I love all your projects, but my favorite, is the shaker card. You are the Queen of Shaker Cards. They are very inspirational and I love them! The window box is such a great project! Outstanding work!
Thanks so much for popping by Heather. Just love those shaker cards...LOL. Really had fun creating projects for this month's hop! and actually using the stamps before they are discontinued and collecting dust! ;)
Stunning ideas! Very nice over the top designs!
Thank you Libby for dropping by and having a peek. Appreciate the blog love. :)
Post a Comment